The following describes a couple of Tasker Profile recipes I personally use every day.
Shut-up, I'm trying to sleep - tell me about it in the morningThis first profile ensures that my phone won't disturb a good nights sleep.
A Nighttime profile is defined using the Tasker Time context - e.g. between 10:30pm till 6:40am
This profile is assigned to perform the following tasks:
- Use the Do Not Disturb Tasker Action to set to Alarms only. This will prevent audio output from all apps, not just Notifications Reader
- Use the Notifications Reader Plugin Action to Pause Notifications Reader so any new notifications are saved until Notifications Reader is resumed.
This is mapped to a set of tasks to performs the following:
- Use the Do Not Disturb Tasker Action to restore the mode to All. i.e. Do no disturb now is disabled.
- Set the Notification Volume to Level 2, an appropriate level to hear the device just a few feet from my head - just in case I had manually turned the volume to far up/down the day before.
- Say "Good morning" (optional)
- Use the Notifications Reader Plugin Action to Resume Notifications Reader. Any notifications that occurred during the sleeping hours are now read out.
How do you use Notifications Reader? Would love to hear about other recipes in the comments. Coming in Part 2 - setting a driving profile.