The Notifications Reader Plugin for Tasker (and Locale) has been extended to support several new Task Actions and add new support to respond to Notifications Reader Events.
Tasker Actions can be used to control Notifications Reader
- Enable/Disable - turns Notifications Reader on/off. Useful to fully disabled Notifications Reader for an extended period of time.
- Pause/Resume - pausing will stop text-to-speech output of new notifications. Any new notifications are queued while paused and will be spoken when resumes. Use to disable notification for a short timeframe without missing any notifications.
- Repeat last notification - re-reads the last notification that was announced with text-to-speech.
- Read all active notifications - reads all notifications in the Android notifications tray.
Tasker Events allow Tasker to react when Notifications Reader performs an activity
- Started/Stopped - occurs when Notifications Reader is Started or Stopped - corresponds to the Enable/Disabled Task Actions, and well as manually controls to start/stop Notifications Reader.
- Paused/Resumed - occurs when Notifications Reader is Paused or Resumed - corresponds to the Pause/Resume Task Actions.
- Text-to-speech Starting - occurs prior to starting the text-to-speech output for a notification. This event occurs before any Notification delay that has beens set.
- Text-to-speech Completed - occurs after the text-to-speech output for a notification has completed successfully.
- Text-to-speech Canceled - occurs after the text-to-speech output has stopped for any reason other than full completion of the output, e.g. due to shake to stop to dismissing the notification.
Notifications Reader on Google Play